The curriculum used in CMRU Demonstration School in teaching and learning program is based on the core curriculum of basic education of 2008, The Basic Core Curriculum B.E. 2551 from Ministry of Education of Thailand.
The, focusing on developing students in a holistic way to develop learners to be innovative physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually. With both the teaching and learning focusing on students by using a variety of theories such as Constructionism, the Stem Education promotes learning through activities or projects aimed at solving real-life problems. To enhance life skills, experience creativity leading to the creation of various innovations.
The educational institutions allow all parties to participate in the support of the teaching and learning management, thus being able to create good relationships between the different organizations within Chiang Mai Rajabhat University including third-party communities from various sectors in the development of students in keeping pace with changes, coupled with the development of the 21st century skills.
In mathematics curriculum covers six learning areas including Numbers and Operations, Measurement, Geometry, Algebra, Data Analysis and Probability, and Mathematical Skills and Processes. The six learning areas are important for developing the human mind and aim to enable all learners to think logically and systematically, to solve problems, and to apply knowledge in daily life.
Download The Basic Core Curriculum B.E. 2551 from Ministry of Education of Thailand :
The learning standards for each area are divided into the following strands:
- Numbers and
- Understanding diverse methods of presenting numbers and their applications in real life
- Understanding the results of number operations, the relationship of operations, and the application of operations in problem solving
- Using estimation in calculation and problem solving
- Understanding numerical systems and the application of numerical properties
- Understanding the basics of measurement; measuring and estimating the size of objects to be measured
- Solving measurement problems
- Explaining and analyzing two- and three-dimensional geometric figures
- Using visualization, spatial reasoning, and the application of geometric models in problem solving
- Understanding and analyzing patterns, relations, and functions
- Applying algebraic expressions, equations, inequality, graphs, and other mathematical models to represent various situations, as well as interpreting and applying them in problem solving
- Data Analysis and Probability
- Applying statistical methodology in data analysis
- Applying statistical methodology and probability in valid estimation
- Applying statistics and probability in decision making and problem solving
- Mathematical Skills and Processes
Problem solving and reasoning; communicating and presenting mathematical concepts; connecting various bodies of mathematical knowledge and connecting mathematics with other disciplines; and creative thinking
2. Teaching Plan Related to My Major
Before the learning process, the teachers write their teaching plan (lesson plan). They prepare all the lesson and materials before entering the class. Then, the teachers follow their lesson plan perfectly.
My cooperating teacher, Khru Cream give me a example of multiplication in Thai Languange, so i translated it to English to understand it.
Download example of 3rd grade mathematic lesson plan in Thailand:
Before I go to the class for teaching process, i make lesson plan and send it to my mentor, Miss Kamophorn Thongthiya for get some correction and suggestion.
My topic is multiplication, with subtopic :
- One digit and two digits multiplication.
- One digit and three digits multiplication.
- One digit and four digits multiplication.
- Two digits and two digits multiplication.
- Comparation of multiplication result.
- Problem solving of multiplication.
Download my lesson plan: